Astro Photography Workshop
Come and join me in capturing our Milky Way Galaxy in all its glory. You’ll enjoy learning more about astrophotography in a small intimate group of no more than 5 participants ensuring that I can spend an appropriate amount of time with each of you to help you along your journey to create beautiful astro images.
- Open to Beginner, Amateur, Enthusiast and Semi-Pro Photographers
- DSLR/Mirrorless Camera
- Wired/wireless shutter release
- A sturdy tripod
- A head torch (with fresh batteries)
- Lenses suitable for Astrophotography (please feel free to contact me for advice) Generally a wide angle fast lens is preferred.
- Optional But Recommended: Laptop with Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop to make the most of the post processing session.
- Highly recommend dressing for the weather conditions and also ensuring additional clothing is packed in case it gets cold.
What you will learn
- How to plan astro photography shoots using various resources
- Focussing in the dark
- Composing your shot
- How to Post process your Milky Way photos without the purple/yellow colour casting that you often see
Duration: 2.5 hours, 2 hours on location 0.5 post processing
- Moderate walking
- Little hiking
- Advanced post processing using special Lightroom and photoshop techniques I have learned and developed through trial and error over the years. This is a full 2 hours from start to finish. This will be a session held after the workshop during the day
The workshop is always dependent on weather, I cannot guarantee clear skies for astrophotography, arrangements will be made to host the workshops on alternative dates if the weather is not favourable
Shaneil Shekhar Photography is not responsible for any other costs which workshop participants may have incurred including but not limited to travel, car rental, insurance, photographic purchases and/or rentals.
All workshop schedules and plans are subject to change at our discretion depending upon weather, health and safety considerations, or any other factor related or unrelated to photographic opportunities as we see fit.
By joining any workshops offered by Shaneil Shekhar Photography, participants acknowledge that they are aware of risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop. Further, they release Shaneil Shekhar Photography, other workshop leaders, guest presenters, workshop assistants and models from any liability. Shaneil Shekhar Photography, other workshop leaders, guest presenters, workshop assistants and models will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a workshop.